Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcake
3 cups gluten free baking flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups coconut milk
6 tsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Here are some of my favorite cookbooks that I’m currently cooking through- whole foods and easy for a home cook! Some recipes I make as is but some I use for inspiration. I’m the queen of substitution! Not as bad as Sally from ‘When Harry met Sally’… but close!
Raw Food Real World
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
The Vibrant Table
Against the Grain
How do you find the time to...?
Prior to motherhood I enjoyed hour long workouts... Long gone are those days with running a wellness practice, raising and FEEDING two hungry boys ( three if you count my husband for the feeding not the raising, hehe). Now multi tasking has taken on a new meaning and my cardio workouts have gotten really interesting!
Im asked on a regular basis what I do for my personal workout and some tips I may have!
So, here they are:
1. Invest in a Heart rate monitor and use it to track your intensity during a workout.
2. Interval train- alternate between 65%-85% of your max heart rate for 30 sec- 1 min each
3. If you have children, purchase a jogging stroller or a double one in my case and take the workout outside.
4. For music lovers: make a track of 5 of your favorite songs and split the song up to interval training. For example: jog for verses and sprint for the chorus.
5. Please listen yo your body.. If you are tired, don't push it. Maybe a walk is needed instead of a sweat it out session!
6. Breathe deeply and intently ALWAYS!
Salmon Salad with Roasted Veg
For the Vinaigrette:
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Splash of apple cider Vinegar
¾ tsp Himalayan pink salad
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
For the Salad:
Roasted wild salmon cut into 6 oz pieces
2 big bunches of lettuce of your choice, washed and spun dry
-I use two heads of lettuce from my Uriah urban farms delivery
Bunch of fresh cut parsley or basil
1 ripe Hass Avocado
For the Roasted Veg: cut into 1-2 inch cubes
1 butternut squash
3 golden or red beets medium size
5 large carrots
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
Blog postings by Natalie Maddox Rougie, DOM, AP owner of Palm Wellness in Tampa, FL.