I love the holiday season, but I love the start to a new year even more.
These are my Top 9 to welcome in 2019:
Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2019!
Here are my top 8 for 2018.. Green is Good!!
The first two, are my favorite additions to my multi vitamin, fish oil, and vitamin D regime:
1. Spirulina... packed with calcium, niacin, potassium, magnesium, B vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, and selenium. This is the holy grail of superfoods and bonus it contains protein!!
2. Echinacea Premium by Standard Process...not all echinacea supplements are created equal. To get a little science-y on you, this product contains a total of 4.1 mg of alkylamides per tablet. This is the active component that provides the immune stimulating benefit. This product is also beneficial for upper respiratory and throat health.
3. Aesop hand soap and lotion …nothing beats a good ‘ol hand washing to wash away the germs. If you wash your hands as much as I do, you need a gentle and beautifully smelling scent. This product doesn’t disappoint- Luxurious and wonderfully crafted... A treat for your skin and senses!
4. Uriah Urban Farm lettuce... I am a foodie- a healthy one, that is, and I shout from the rafters that “green is good!”
This weekly service of fresh hydroponically grown, vitamin packed lettuces and herbs is truly genius if you either
A) don’t have a green thumb or
B) don’t have the space or time to have a garden.
My favorites are Arugula, Bibb, Red Gem, Basil, and Mint.
5. A great cook book: Eat smart, what to eat in a day-every day
I have cooked my way through a good portion of this book and love it!!
6. Matcha green powder... Contains L-theanine the amino acid which provides mental clarity and increased focus without feeling jittery, and is full of the antioxidant EGCG. This daily ritual of mine brings out my inner samurai warrior.
7. 5 Minute Journal- I started this habit a few years back and honestly am so thankful I did.
8. A question a day for children This is a daily, after dinner ritual in my household. The boys really look forward to it, and remind me everyday... It’s like a little archive of all the precious things that they say.
Stress can have a terrible effect on your life. All of us feel the effects differently and we all handle it differently. Some of the worst results of stress can lead to:
Acupuncture is the traditional Asian medical technique that involves the insertion of thin needles at skin-level, into key areas of the body. This technique has been federally regulated and research has shown that acupuncture has successfully treated many specific health problems. Healing is accomplished by regulating the flow of energy, called Qi, in the meridians, or energetic pathways of the body.
Because this form of treatment regulates your energy, it can be very relaxing. Some patients relate the experience to having a massage and even fall asleep during their acupuncture session!
One of the easiest forms of relief patients may see from acupuncture is stress relief. Alleviating stress has led to all kinds of healing, even more than you see in the list above.
If you’re struggling with stress in your life that is leading to other health issues, contact your local acupuncture physician to see if they can help.
Have an acupuncture success story? We love to hear about it! Leave a comment below!
If you’ve never had a facial before, you may be wondering, what is all the hype? You’ve probably heard how enjoyable they are, and that some people get them as frequently as once a month. In this post we want to share five good reasons why you should give a facial a try:
1. Cleans Impurities on Your Skin – No matter how often you cleanse you skin, it can still build up oil and debris in your pours. The facial treatment will help you rid the impurities and allow you to maintain a healthy pH balance that will help you fight off disease and wrinkles.
2. Proper Evaluation of Your Skin – Often people misdiagnose their skin type or irritation and may choose the wrong form of treatment. A professional esthetician will evaluate your skin and recommend the best products and solutions for maintaining a healthy glow.
3. Stress Relief – you may not realize that much tension related to stress resides in the muscles in your face. A relaxing facial may be just what you need to rejuvenate for the days ahead.
4. Slow the Aging Process – a regular facial treatment will stimulate the muscles in your face and actually strengthen the skin to make it more resistant to wrinkles.
5. Refresh Your Look – have a date coming up? Or an important event? A facial will smooth out the tired look in your face and rehydrate your skin to help you get energized for the night ahead.
So if you needed a good excuse to treat yourself, we hope you found the justification you needed here. Come get pampered at Palm Wellness and let the beautification process begin!
Blog postings by Natalie Maddox Rougie, DOM, AP owner of Palm Wellness in Tampa, FL.