If you’ve never had a facial before, you may be wondering, what is all the hype? You’ve probably heard how enjoyable they are, and that some people get them as frequently as once a month. In this post we want to share five good reasons why you should give a facial a try:
1. Cleans Impurities on Your Skin – No matter how often you cleanse you skin, it can still build up oil and debris in your pours. The facial treatment will help you rid the impurities and allow you to maintain a healthy pH balance that will help you fight off disease and wrinkles.
2. Proper Evaluation of Your Skin – Often people misdiagnose their skin type or irritation and may choose the wrong form of treatment. A professional esthetician will evaluate your skin and recommend the best products and solutions for maintaining a healthy glow.
3. Stress Relief – you may not realize that much tension related to stress resides in the muscles in your face. A relaxing facial may be just what you need to rejuvenate for the days ahead.
4. Slow the Aging Process – a regular facial treatment will stimulate the muscles in your face and actually strengthen the skin to make it more resistant to wrinkles.
5. Refresh Your Look – have a date coming up? Or an important event? A facial will smooth out the tired look in your face and rehydrate your skin to help you get energized for the night ahead.
So if you needed a good excuse to treat yourself, we hope you found the justification you needed here. Come get pampered at Palm Wellness and let the beautification process begin!
It may seem obvious, but making a change in the way you look is not only about exercise. It requires a change in your diet as well.
A great example of this fact was recently demonstrated on The Biggest Loser. For those of you that haven’t seen any episodes of this popular reality TV show, contestants on The Biggest Loser are extremely overweight, and they come on the show to workout with professional trainers and live on “the ranch” where they are secluded from their every-day lives and coached on how to make healthy life changes in diet and exercise. Every day the contestants work out with the professional trainers, and at the end of the week there is a weigh-in. The people that lost the least amount of body fat are up for elimination from the show.
On a recent episode, twin brothers that clearly wanted to go home, managed to show a +9 change in their weight. That NEVER happens. Its amazing that two people could GAIN weight when they are exercising hard, supervised by professional trainers, every day! The only explanation is that the food they took in that week was so high in fat and calories that their workout efforts made almost no difference in their health.
This shows you that exercise alone is not all that it takes to make a change in your physical fitness. With each new Pilates client, Palm Wellness instructors always provide guidance on proper diet and nutrition tips to help our trainees get maximum results. With a trainer at Palm Wellness, you get a nutrition coach and Pilates instructor for the price of one!
So next time you think to yourself, “I worked out today, so I’m going to reward myself with a big slice of chocolate cake,” think of The Biggest Loser twins. Don’t waste your workout!
Blog postings by Natalie Maddox Rougie, DOM, AP owner of Palm Wellness in Tampa, FL.