How do you find the time to...?
Prior to motherhood I enjoyed hour long workouts... Long gone are those days with running a wellness practice, raising and FEEDING two hungry boys ( three if you count my husband for the feeding not the raising, hehe). Now multi tasking has taken on a new meaning and my cardio workouts have gotten really interesting!
Im asked on a regular basis what I do for my personal workout and some tips I may have!
So, here they are:
1. Invest in a Heart rate monitor and use it to track your intensity during a workout.
2. Interval train- alternate between 65%-85% of your max heart rate for 30 sec- 1 min each
3. If you have children, purchase a jogging stroller or a double one in my case and take the workout outside.
4. For music lovers: make a track of 5 of your favorite songs and split the song up to interval training. For example: jog for verses and sprint for the chorus.
5. Please listen yo your body.. If you are tired, don't push it. Maybe a walk is needed instead of a sweat it out session!
6. Breathe deeply and intently ALWAYS!
Blog postings by Natalie Maddox Rougie, DOM, AP owner of Palm Wellness in Tampa, FL.